WUSC-UBC Ambassador is responsible for liaising and maintaining correspondence with off-campus groups, organizations, and resources within Vancouver.
- Keeping up to date with events of other off-campus organizations that may be of interest to the local committee
- Notifying organizations, agencies and media sources about the club and its events
- Contacting organizations and setting up meetings with the key individuals
- Assisting in organizing the club’s collaborative events with off-campus groups
- Liaising with WUSC SFU
- Working with other WUSC local committees to plan events and working with the SRP coordinator and student support coordinators to plan the orientation week for students
- Working with the SRP Coordinator to spearhead the fostering of relationships with local settlement agencies (incl. educating the club on the services available to SRP students and relaying this information to SRP students when necessary)
- Encouraging settlement professionals to give workshops on campus
- Heading the monthly info-sessions and emails for SRP students (these info sessions include information about settlement services, workforce integration and volunteer opportunities, networking ideas, resume and cover letter writing workshops, orientation around Vancouver, remittance help, etc.)
- Maintaining positive relations through follow up thank you letters and e-mails
- Writing a short monthly report on personal goals, activities, tasks completed and/or suggestions, for the month (To be compiled at the end of the year for future committees).
- Writes a short monthly report on personal goals, activities, tasks completed and/or suggestions, for the month (To be compiled at the end of the year for future committees).