Symposium Coordinators (4 positions)
One position to be occupied by VP Marketing and another to be occupied by one of the Student Support Coordinators
- Print out photo release consent forms, and make info flyers for delegates and attendees.
- Contact speakers and workshop presenters
- Make master schedule for the event
- Write the event blurb
- Make a registration page for the event.
- Reach out to groups outside UBC for marketing
- Market the event on campus through various student and faculty based clubs
- Plan out the schedule of the day
- Book an appropriate venue(s)
- Coordinate logistics (cameras, ribbons, name tags, AV, setting up rooms, signage, accessing storage room, booths set-up)
- Gifts, parking passes, thank you cards, raffle prizes
- Overseeing Registration process (online form, registration booth, tags)
- Apply for the Global Fund at the Global Lounge
- Reach out to groups on and off UBC for funding and sponsorship (WUSC Ottawa, 10000 villages, Global Fund)
- Organize all food for the Symposium (Breakfast and Catering)
- Coordinate Opening and Closing Ceremony
- Write a short monthly report on personal goals, activities, tasks completed and/or suggestions, for the month (To be compiled at the end of the year for future committees).